By Laurie Brice
Oh boy! Haven't we earned spring this year!
Clean your equipment. Find your hat and tennies. Buy new sunscreen. Get out your calendar and make some plans. Let's go!
Are your photography skills rusty after that long winter? Don't go through another summer frustrated with your camera. Join a Four Rivers Photo Workshop for a Saturday morning workshop and outdoor practice session in downtown Annapolis, Maryland. It's fun. It's stress-free. You'll be amazed at what you learn in four short hours. The image below was taken as a demonstration during a class exercise. We will show you how.
Now back to shooting tips...
Here are some suggestions to get you out of the house and into the sunshine with your camera. This is just a small sample of what's available now that winter is on its way out.
- Quiet Waters Park Ice Rink - 1 p.m. to 9 p.m., Friday March 28 is your very last chance to photograph local skaters in action. Snooze and lose. Seniors, do you have your lifetime pass to AACo parks yet? Pay once, no more gate fees. See the website.
- National Cherry Blossom Festival - March 20 - April 13. The parade is April 12. The snow may have melted by then.
- AACA - SMR 44th Annual Antique Auto Swap Meet - March 28 - 29, Westminster, Maryland.
- Blossom Kite Festival - Saturday, March 29 on the Mall. Color, color, color and fresh air!
- Beer Week in Annapolis - Saturday March 29 through Saturday, April 5. The website has it all. Do photographers drink beer? What a silly question!
- Southwest Waterfront Fireworks Festival - Saturday, April 5 at 8:30 p.m. rain or shine.
- Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus - Baltimore, March 26 through April 5.
- Bird Walk - Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary, April 5, 8 a.m.
- Winter Waterbird Survey - Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary, last chance 7:30 - 9:30 a.m. April 10.
- Brigade of Midshipmen Formal Parade - April 10, 4 p.m., Worden Field.
- Bay Bridge Boat Show - April 11-13, Stevensville, Maryland.
- 10th Annual Fell's Point Privateer Festival - April 11-13, Baltimore, Maryland.
- Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show - April 25-27, Annapolis, Maryland.
- Westfield Annapolis Farmers' Market - Re-opens April 6.
Places to commune with... all things growing, thriving and not frozen.