Our Company Policies
We do not cancel workshops for wet or cold weather. Weather makes for interesting photography. Dress to stay warm and dry and join the fun.
We accept registration via this website but not by any other means. This insures priority registration on a first-come, first-served basis and accurate processing of cancellations.
Once all seats for a workshop are purchased, we keep a wait-list and will let you know if seats become available. We will make every effort to fill all seats as quickly as they become available using the wait-list in first-come, first-servedorder. If we can't reach you, we will offer the open seat to the next person on the list. Be sure to include your telephone number, email address and the workshop date when requesting addition to the wait-list so we can reach you quickly. Use the Contact page of this website to request addition to the wait-list.
Last Minute Registration
We accept registration for open seats up until the workshop begins. If you spontaneously decided to join us, check the Workshops page on this site to determine if open seats remain. Sign-up online and make your way to Annapolis to join us. We receive electronic confirmation of your registration within minutes.
If you arrive at the class location unregistered and want to sign-up for an open seat, we welcome you but we cannot guarantee availability of a WiFi connection or computer for registration. This website is enabled for mobile devises. You must register via this website. We require paid registration for participation.
Please anticipate 30 to 60 minutes once reaching Annapolis to park, trolley and walk to Gibson's Lodgings or The Annapolis Bookstore. If you are late, call (443) 924-6161. We will give you directions to join the workshop in progress.
If You Must Cancel or Reschedule...
We know thing happen. We will work with you to cheerfully reschedule your workshop. To be fair to all, we always follow these policies. Here are your options:
- We accept requests to reschedule made via the Contact page of this website but not by any other means. The messages are date/time stamped for your protection and insure there is no confusion in processing the change. Annapolis is on Eastern Standard / Eastern Daylight time.
- You may request to reschedule up to 48 hours prior to your workshop. For example, for a workshop that begins 8:30 AM on Saturday, you may request to reschedule up to and including 8:29 AM on the previous Thursday.
- When rescheduling prior to 48 hours before your workshop, you may select any workshop of equal or greater value to be held within the coming 12 months. The original charge to your credit card will remain. Any additional charges in be posted in the moth of your rescheduled class. If still unscheduled 12 months after your originally scheduled workshop, your registration will expire. No refund can be made for expired registration.
- You may transfer or gift your registration (for the same date) up until the workshop begins. Please let us know so we can welcome the new participant.
- You may transfer or gift your registration for a date in the future up until 48 hours prior to your workshop for a workshop of equal or greater value to be held within the coming 12 months. The original charge to your credit card will remain. Any additional charges in be posted in the moth of your rescheduled class. If still unscheduled 12 months after your originally scheduled workshop, your registration will expire. No refund can be made for expired registration.
- Cancellations within 48 hours of a workshop, late arrivals and "no-shows" do not qualify for reschedule or refund.
- Need assistance? Contact us at (443) 924-6161 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If We Must Cancel or Reschedule...
Annapolis is subject to coastal storms, winter weather events, and believe it or not, the odd public event with unpublished street closures that keep us from getting equipment to our meeting location. (Yes, it really did happen once.) Your safety is very important to us. If severe weather or other conditions cause us to cancel a workshop, we will reschedule without penalty to you. Watch the home page for announcements if a significant weather event is anticipated. We will also attempt to contact registered attendees by email and phone. Please be sure you provide complete contact information when you register.
Just raining or flurrying? Get out those boots and come have fun! The workshop will go on.
We strive to produce a fun, collaborative learning experience for each student. If you are dissatisfied with your workshop, we want to know immediately. That means during the workshop. Speak with Laurie. We will work with you to reach a satisfactory outcome. Four Rivers Photo's primary goal is to deliver the training you need to become a confident photographer. We want you to be 100% comfortable in becoming our best resource for new clients.
We do not share your information without your written permission via hard copy or email.
Our website is hosted with Squarespace.com. Information you share with us is stored in our Google Apps database, however we do not store your credit card information, instead we use Stripe as our gateway for "pass through" credit card processing. We chose these companies because they too, respect and protect your information.
We publish student photographs in our gallery (see the gallery page for details) but we only publish those photographs submitted by students expressly for this purpose. We carry each file's EXIF data. We credit each photographer's work and suggest you watermark your photograph before submitting. As with our own photography posted to this site or to any other website, we cannot guarantee that others will not copy your image. Before we publish your photographs in our gallery, we will ask you to sign a simple release allowing us limited use of your photograph. You retain full rights to your photograph.
We take workshop photographs that include participants. We will ask you to sign a simple release so that we may use these photos on the website and for marketing purposes. If you are unwilling to sign this release, please don't participate in the group photos we take.
If you have wonderful things to say about Four Rivers Photo and your workshop experience, we'd love to share them on our website and in promotional materials. Before publishing your comments we will provide the text for your review and ask you to sign a simple release granting us permission to use your comments.
If you wish to be removed from our email list, please use the means provided in our email or the CONTACT page to make your request. It will take a day or so to process your request.